Welcome to Hoover Sports! Here you will find information about the various sports offered at Hoover, along with important information for the year.
2022-2023 – TENTATIVE Sports Start Dates
Tryout dates will be shared before the start of the season. There will be tryouts for all sports except Cross Country, Wrestling, and Track & Field, which are open to all students. Other sports may be added during the year!
- Cross Country (co-ed): August 22, 2022
- Baseball (co-ed): August 22, 2022
- Wrestling (co-ed): September 2, 2022
- Cheerleading (co-ed): mid-September 2022
- Girls’ Basketball: October 10, 2022
- Boys’ Soccer: October 10, 2022
- Boys’ Basketball: December 5, 2022
- Girls’ Soccer: December 5, 2022
- Volleyball (boys’ and girls’): February 13, 2023
- Tennis (co-ed): March 14, 2023
- Badminton (co-ed): Early April 2023
- Track & Field (co-ed): April 17, 2023
2022-23 Sports Activity Packet
Go to the following link to download our Hoover Sports Information pack. It contains all you need to register your student(s) for one our after-school sports teams, including the relevant Forms and Athlete Rules and Expectation.
Here is a checklist for the forms contained in the packet…
- Review the 2022-2023 Tentative Start Dates for all our teams.
- Go over the Athlete Rules and Expectations and review your student athlete’s grades with them regularly. They must have and maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Register with RegisterMyAthlete.com. All students who participate need to register; see the instruction sheet.
- Fill out, sign, and take the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation; History Form to a Medical Doctor for review.
- Every student athlete must have a current physical which must be signed by a doctor. Please take the History From and your student and the Physical Examination Form to a Medical Doctor for a sports physical. Please return the signed form.
- Review, sign, and return the Student Athlete Rules and Expectations form.
- Please return the requested forms to our Athletic Director, Mr. Galicia, or to Hoover’s front office.
PLEASE NOTE: Physical Exams will be offered by a doctor on the Hoover
campus on Tuesday, August 30, at 3:15pm
If you have any questions please contact our Sports Committee Chair, Arthur Kao via email, he will be happy to help!