Para la traducción al español de este mensaje, por favor, contact Josefina Rosales: firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-535-6274 .
Friends of Hoover Middle School,
Welcome back from winter recess!
Are you receiving Hoover’s Weekly Notes (Parentlink) email and phone message ?
- The last recorded phone call and email was sent by Hoover principal Don McCloskey 6PM Sunday Feb 26. If you did not receive it, please call 408-535-6274 or visit the main office and ask to update your contact (Parentlink) email, text and phone contact information!
2017-2018 PTSA Treasurer & Auditor needed
- Please consider volunteering for the Treasurer or Auditor position for the next school year. Email questions to: email@example.com
- We have candidates for most key positions for next year, but we still need a Treasurer (and Auditor).
- It is _required_ that the PTSA have a Treasurer next year, or the PTSA is potentially at risk.
- Free training is available for the Treasurer and Auditor positions.
- You will not be on your own! The existing treasurer is termed out, but she will be on the board again next year to help the new treasurer & auditor.
PTSA March meetings:
- PTSA Board meeting, Monday, March 13 at 7PM. All welcome.
- PTSA General & Elections meeting, Wednesday, March 22 at 7PM. Board and committee positions still open, please consider volunteering!
Please take the Hoover’s Slogan Survey
- The Hoover faculty discipline committee (Mr Laskowski, Ms Basore, Ms Jaco, Ms Reyna) is hard at work to replace “Respect and Responsibility” with Hoover’s next-generation, fine-tailored slogan. We’d like to invite as many families as possible to be a part of the process with a short survey.
- Could you take ~3-4 minutes out of your day to take this important survey that will help us draft a new school slogan! click here: https://goo.gl/forms/1FqAn4kNsGIDs4AE2
- Spread the word!
Yearbook Team needs your Photos
- Deliver flash drive addressed to Marla Hochmann or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The yearbook staff is hard at work putting together our memories from this school year. Some of our parents take lots of photos at school events and we’d love it they would share them!
- Would you be able to help us put the word out to parents that we are seeking their Hoover photos? A flash drive left in my mailbox is fine, or a shared folder somewhere in the cloud works well too. As long as I’m invited to view the folder it doesn’t matter where they’re stored.
- Any help you can give us in rounding up these treasured memories will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Marla Hochmann, Barbara Rejbrand, and the Leadership Kids
Save the Date: Dining Out Fundraiser at Las Cazuelas Taqueria, Tuesday March 28 (all day)
- Eat at Las Cazuelas any time on Tuesday March 28th, mention Hoover Middle School and 20% of the amount spent will be donated by Las Cazuelas to the Hoover PTSA. IMPORTANT: remember to enter the amount you spent on the sign-in sheet at the cash register.
- Location: A few minute drive from Hoover Middle School at 55 Race St (Race St between Park Ave and The Alameda)
- NOTE: Date change. This was originally on the calendar for March 29, new date March 28.
Support Hoover with Easy Fundraising while Shopping
- When shopping, please consider these options, and earn a donation for the Hoover PTSA. Spread the word to family and friends.
- Amazon — use smile.amazon.com and select “1051 Herbert Hoover Middle PTSA” as your charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% of purchase price to Hoover PTSA! Click Here for more details & tips.
- eScrip. Register credit cards and select Herbert Hoover Middle School PTSA, 1635 Park Ave and merchants that are part of the program will automatically donate to Hoover when you make purchases. Click Here for more details.
- eScrip online mall. (100s of shops, including Home Depot, Target, Apple, popular resturants, etc) to make purchases and earn donations for Hoover at no extra cost to you. Click Here for more details