The PTSA is seeking candidates for next year’s board officer and chair positions. We need your help — please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in a board position. It is very important these positions are filled to keep the PTSA in good standing and so the PTSA can accomplish the mission of supporting Hoover Middle School.
At the February 10th PTSA membership meeting, the members of the Nominating Committee were elected by the membership. PTSA member Michelle Young was elected chairman of the nominating committee. Also on the nominating committee are Sandra McSweeney and Stephanie Ligsay. Thank you Michelle, Sandra and Stephanie!
The nominating committee will present a slate of candidates at the March
16th 22nd PTSA meeting. [UPDATE: March meeting moved to 22nd due to conflict with Hoover Orchestra Concert]. The election of the new board officers will be held at the April 20th PTSA meeting. Time flies, so please let us know ASAP if you are interested in a board position.
Arts on the Green: raffle/auction donations
Arts on the Green is an important annual open house tradition at Hoover. This year Arts on the Green will be on April 30th. The PTSA will again this year hold a silent auction and raffle during the Arts on the Green event. The PTSA is seeking donations of items for the auction & raffle. We also need volunteers to help contact businesses for donations. A few example of last year auction & raffle items included a wine, chocolates, restaurant gift certificates, salon gift certificates, coffee shop gift certificates, etc. If you or your employer have an item to donate or you wish to volunteer to help please contact Chris Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text: 408-416-7626.
SJUSD Superintendent Survey
SJUSD (San Jose Unified School District) is in the process of searching for a new district superintendent. Please consider giving your input by taking SJUSD’s online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3C9JNW5
More opportunities to get involved at Hoover and with the school district.
- Feb 23/24 & March 2: LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan) meetings: 3 options: (1) Feb 23, 6-8pm, San Jose High, (2) Feb 24, 6-8pm, Leland High, (3) March 2, 6-8pm, Willow Glen Middle. More information on LCAP from California PTA.
- Feb 25: SJUSD Parent Brown Bag Lunch. Topic: Elementary & Secondary Adaptive Learning Programs. 855 Lenzen Ave. NOON–1:30PM Click here for Agenda.
- March 3: Board of Education Meeting. 6PM. 855 Lenzen Ave. Click here to find Agenda.
1622 [update: date changed]: PTSA membership meeting. Report of the nomination committee.
- March 17: Board of Education Meeting. 6PM. 855 Lenzen Ave. Click here to find Agenda.
- March 23: Dinner night out fundraiser: Pizza My Heart. Santa Clara
- Raise funds for Hoover Middle School at no extra cost to you while shopping on Amazon (escrip), at Target, at Lucky’s, at Save Mart, at FoodMaxx. Click here to find out how.
- BoxTops. Please turn in Box Tops at PTSA events or in the main office.